Friday 22 October 2021

In the name of ALLAH , Most Gracious , Most Merciful .


DEAR  ASTRO ,


I am a 65 year old Malay man , a family man of 4 children , and I am retired and I am a 

Muslim .  During  the COVID 19    lockdown/pandemic   and until today , being a retiree ,

the only entertainment that I enjoy is ,  watching TV and listening to music , besides  cycling , 

praying 5 times a day and   fiddling/playing   around with my computer hardware . Among the TV 

programs shown on ASTRO , that I enjoy watching are   “ Resident Alien “  and              

  “ Super Girl “ . 


When I was a kid I have read MARVEL Comics and DC Comics and when the film        

“ Super Girl “ was available on ASTRO , I just took the opportunity to watch the            

 “ Super Girl “   TV program . But to my dismay , after watching a few episode of             “ 

"  Super Girl “   TV  program , I was  shocked to find out that there was a few episode in 

the film   “ Super Girl “   that showed  " a woman kissing one another on the lips " .

Without doubt this scene , in my personal opinion ,  is definitely an                                   

" act of  Lesbianism "   or   " have an LGBT  element "  inside it  ,  which I feel is  TOO 

MUCH FOR ME AS A MUSLIM TO CHEW OR ANY OF MY MUSLIM BROTHERS 

OR SISTERS TO CHEW . " 

 

 

It is my opinion ,  ASTRO Broadcasting Company should have some awareness that 

" Super Girl "      TV program   are watched by millions of Malaysians , young and old , 

and also people living in Brunei and Indonesia whereby majority of the population are 

Muslims .   As a Malaysian , and as a Muslim , I believe it would be more appropriate if 

these scenes ( scenes that contradict ISLAM and the ISLAMIC Law )  in   " Super Girl " 

which are         “ deemed unappropriate “   are cut or snipped  before the film   “ Super 

Girl “   go on air .  I  have nothing against Hollywood movies because I have been 

watching them 

and I enjoy watching them since I was a kid on a   " Black and White Television "  in 

1967 and on the big Cinema (LIDO , CATHAY , ODEON , SUN , etc., etc.) , before we 

have Satellite TV .  


I have been watching    Television  for so many  years , and as a  Malaysian , and as a  

Muslim , and as a  parent , myself and my family ,  and other  Muslim  or                    

non-Muslim families , who share the same moral values and ethics as I am ,  we have 

tolerated many scenes on Hollywood films that are shown 

on  our Malaysian TV today , but this one scene in “ Super Girl “   WE NEED TO STOP 

TOLERATING .  If this disgusting scene , if this disgusting act becomes prevalent on     

our Malaysian TV , may God Forbid , perhaps one day , it will become             

ANOTHER NEW   NORMAL  in our Malaysian  TV , so much so that , we will be 

seeing , in future ,  more and more TV programs showing these kind of disgusting scenes .


Trusting ASTRO that my letter shall always have ASTRO careful attention .


I am ,

          Yours very truly,

                Hamba  ALLAH ,

                      A Concerned Malaysian Citizen ,

                       NORIZAN BIN HASSAN. 


No comments:

Post a Comment