Saturday 30 October 2021


In the name of ALLAH , Most Gracious , Most Merciful_3

 I am a 65 year old Malay man , a family man of 4 children , and I am retired and I am a Muslim . During the COVID 19  lockdown/pandemic and until today , being a retiree , besides praying 5 times a day and  reading the  KORAN/QURAN , the entertainment that I enjoy , among them are , watching TV , listening to music and cycling . Among the TV programs shown on ASTRO , that I enjoy watching are   " Resident Alien "  and   " Super Girl " .  When I was a  kid/teenager , I use to read  MARVEL Comics and  DC Comics and I use to exchange  Comics with my Schoolmates and when the Hollywood TV Show  " Super Girl "  was available on ASTRO , I just took the opportunity to watch the   " Super Girl "  TV program .  What a time to be still alive , right ?  Watching you Comic Superhero flying on the TV screen . But to my dismay , after watching a few episodes of   " Super Girl "  ,  I was shocked and horrified to find out that there was a few episodes in the film  " Super Girl " , that showed an illicit love scene of   " a woman kissing one another on the lips " .  Without doubt this scene is definitely an act of   " Lesbianism "  or   " have an LGBT element "  inside it ,  which I feel is  TOO MUCH FOR ME AS A MUSLIM TO CHEW OR ANY OF MY MUSLIM BROTHERS OR SISTERS TO CHEW .

Correct me if I am wrong , I have never seen  MARVEL Comics Superhero                           ( SPIDERMAN , FANTASTIC FOUR , THE INVINCIBLE IRON MAN , THE INCREDIBLE HULK , THOR , THE AVENGERS , THE ANTMAN , DOCTOR STRANGE , DAREDEVIL , etc., etc. ) shown on ASTRO Satellite TV , depicted such         " sick relationship "   scenes .  Another Hollywood  TV  Program/Film that I stumbled across , while watching ASTRO Satellite TV , which have a similar illicit love scene are  THE CURSE OF CHUCKY and  BATWOMAN .

ASTRO Broadcasting Company should have some awareness that ASTRO Satellite               " TV Programs "  are watched by millions of Malaysians , young and old , and also people living in Brunei and Indonesia whereby majority of the population are Muslims .  As a Malaysian , Muslim or non-Muslim families , Muslim parents or non-Muslim parents , and other religious faith , who share the same moral values and ethics as I am , I believe it would be more appropriate if these illicit scenes ( scenes that contradict ISLAM and the ISLAMIC Law ) in  SUPERGIRL , THE CURSE OF CHUCKY and  BATWOMAN which are   " deemed unappropriate "    are   cut/edited  based on our Malaysian customs and religion , before these films go on air .

I have nothing against Hollywood TV programs and Hollywood movies because I enjoy watching them , since I was a   kid/teenager .  I have been watching Hollywood TV programs and Hollywood movies for so many years since 1967 on a black and white television and on the big Cinema , before we have Satellite TV .   As a Malaysian , and as a Muslim , and as a parent , and have been watching TV for so many years , I believe , myself and my family , and other Muslim or non-Muslim families , have tolerated many scenes in Hollywood TV programs and Hollywood films , that are shown on our Malaysian TV   today ,  but these    " lesbian-scenes "  in  SUPERGIRL , THE CURSE OF CHUCKY  and  BATWOMAN ,    WE NEED TO STOP TOLERATING .  If  these   disgusting scenes , if these disgusting act becomes prevalent on our Malaysian TV , may God Forbid , it will become   ANOTHER NEW NORMAL  in our Malaysian TV , so much so that , we will be seeing more and more TV programs showing these kind of  disgusting    scenes/act  ,  spreading like wild fire .

Trusting ASTRO that my letter shall always have ASTRO careful attention .

I am ,

        Hamba ALLAH ,

                A Concerned Malaysian Citizen .


 

No comments:

Post a Comment