Monday 19 October 2020

Microsoft Edge Browser on ACER Aspire R15 15.6 inches Laptop (360 degrees Foldable) cannot work after connecting a USB to LAN Adapter to the USB 2.0 port of the ACER Laptop and that means no Internet access using Microsoft Edge Browser

 

Trouble-shoot why the Microsoft Edge Browser on my ACER Aspire R15  15.6 inches Laptop (360 degrees Foldable) cannot work , all of a sudden , after I connect a  USB to LAN Adapter to the USB 2.0 port (located on the Right Hand Side of the ACER Laptop)  of my ACER Laptop .  Surprisingly , Google Chrome Browser and Firefox Browser are working .


All this while  I  connected my ACER Laptop wirelessly to my Broadband Wireless Router , but today I decided to connect the ACER Laptop with a LAN cable . My Broadband Wireless Router has 4 units of  LAN port , so ,  I use a  USB to LAN Adapter (my ACER Laptop do not have LAN port) on my ACER Laptop and then I use a LAN cable to connect my ACER Laptop to my Broadband Wireless Router .  



THE ANSWER  , I guess is , I have to disable the DNS settings that was inside my USB to LAN Adapter , as shown below in the diagram below .

I guess this troubleshooting  technique can be used in any machine or any computer hardware regardless whether it is a  Desktop/PC  or a  Laptop or a  Tablet or a  Engineering  Workstation or a  Smartphone or a   Laptop/Tablet/Smartphone   hybrid , if any of these machines are using a  USB to LAN  Adapter to connect to the LAN , and at the same time using Microsoft Edge Browser to access the  Internet .






















 


No comments:

Post a Comment